Frequently Asked Questions
So it’s a bit weird to write FAQs for a blog that’s just started but I figured there might
be some questions that most readers are likely to have and tried to anticipate such questions here
What motivated you to start this blog?
Having finally accepted the diagnosis of diabetes I figured that perhaps my experience could help others in a similar situation. Plus, I’m a trainer and life coach and have a lot of stuff about personal development that I want to get off my chest!
So what ARE you doing do to get fit and stay fit, Rana?
- I continue to run (three times a week) and I’m currently working my way through the NHS Couch to 5K + programme.
- In order to support the running I’m building up muscle strength and toning by working my way through a 12 Week Beginners Training Workout (https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/12-week-beginners-training-routine.html) at my gym – The Gym Group, Ilford.
- I have a new, swimming fitness, goal for the year and to get started I have begun adult swimming lessons at my Loxford Leisure Centre (https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/12-week-beginners-training-routine.html), with a view to improving my strength, stamina and technique so I can start open water swimming later this year.
- And finally, I keep up playing 7-a-side footie on Wednesday nights at my local Power League, with family and friends!
How are you managing the diabetes?
- A radical change of diet – helped by daily regular blood sugar level testing.
- Medication – Metformin (x2 in the morning and x2 at night), a Statin (x1 each morning). Did have Gliclazide, but now take 1 Sitagliptin each night, with the Metformin.
- Exercise (as noted above).
What do you do for a living?
I’m self-employed and work as a freelance trainer, and life coach. At present I mostly freelance as a Compliance Viewer for the British Board of Film Classification.